August 28, 2014

Woven In Time


Woven In Time
By John R. Greenwood

Click Here:
Window of the Dubois House on Huguenot Street, New Paltz 
















my stories come to me

sometimes
I go to them

they weave themselves into my day
and night
always forming something more grand
than the last

I carry them with me 
gently

my stories come from 
other stories
other places
other beings

like antique baskets 
faded
yet strong enough to 
support the past

each life entwined  
touches another
hand in hand
arm in arm
in towns
thru villages 
along a river's edge 

the time has come
to return there
quietly 
to witness those 
who never left 


4 comments:

  1. Such a perfectly poetic description of your passion. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi neighbor! Had no idea you had a blog, look forward to reading it thoroughly.
    Oh, and thanks for snow blowing out the end of my driveway last year when it got a bit heavy!


    mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, so glad you stopped by. I would enjoy seeing those photos of yours, email me a link at the Raining Iguanas email address. And you're more than welcome. I'm about one winter away from a 4-wheel drive and a plow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful metaphor and lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete