May 14, 2013

Business Card Delivery


Business Card Delivery
By John R. Greenwood

When you reach an age where the simplest joy has you reaching for the camera and writing pad you will truly understand the significance of this short post. With our Hubbard Hall Writer's Presentation quickly approaching I realized I have nothing to hawk or display. I thought it might be fun to have a business card with my blog and email address on it; something simple that I could hand out; a card that would grab your attention and create a conversation. I tried a few websites and finally found the card I wanted. I designed the card myself using my own photograph and quotations. I placed my order Sunday night. That Friday as I left for work, I spotted a brown box sitting under our arbor on top of my wife's flower stand. It was my blog cards boxed up like fragile crystal. Work would have to wait a minute. My pulse jumped a little. I was as anxious as Rudy waiting for his Norte Dame acceptance letter. I grabbed a pocket knife and zipped open my midyear Christmas present. 
-------------------------------
It's not the cards. 
It's not the upcoming event at Hubbard Hall. 
What is it? 
As someone old enough to remember the day Kennedy was shot, the point is this: 
If you have a passion, desire, drive, a push, a pull, or a blaring siren telling you not to wait more day to do something? 
DO IT. 
Time is not waiting for you. 
That damn clock will still be ticking in the morning the same way it was last night. 
The old, young me, would have put off ordering those cards for one reason or another. I would have bitched about the price and kept looking for other options. I would have dawdled away another day, another week, another year of my life. Each day I look at the kid in the mirror. He looks different than he used to on the outside but his spirit is still garden fresh and searching for the next raft down the Mississippi. 
If you would like a signed card email your address to jgreenwood@rainingiguanas.com and I will get one out to you. Or, you could come and meet the Hubbard Hall Writers on May 31st at the Freight Depot Theater and get one there. We would love to see you! 



9 comments:

  1. I love your Spirit. It moves you in ways you never expected. It moves us! Please save me a card...autographed. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, John. I would love a signed card. Address is 1415 4th St, Livermore, CA 94550. Keep up the creative work you do so well and find joy in! ~~LaMae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to email you for one of those special cards too! I'll proudly carry it in my wallet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I would love that! Thanks for tuning in here.

      Delete
  4. Way to go! (And I love those little cards.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having fun with them that's for sure. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. “..something simple that I could hand out; a card that would grab your attention and create a conversation.” – This certainly defines the business cards you made. Well, you know its real purpose and that makes you awesome. These business cards are not just a simple paper you hand out to each people you come across. They serve as one of your selling points to meet new friends and potential customers. These cards simply help you in building a good impression to others.

    ReplyDelete