May 27, 2013

Nourishment

Nourishment
By John R. Greenwood

The Parker Farm in Granville
I am a lucky man. My life has been surrounded by milk. There is nothing more nutritious. It has nourished my life in many ways. As a young boy I was fortunate to live close to a dairy farm called Brookside Dairy. That farm provided the nourishment of youth. I learned what hard work and hard play were. I learned to appreciate friends, animals, and the outdoors. It established a strong base for my future. At the time I had no idea my entire life would revolve around such a pure and nourishing commodity. Milk has been the main source of income for me since the day I was married in 1974. It continues to be the mainstay of my livelihood as I creep slowly toward life after work. I took the above photo recently while out picking up milk with one of my coworkers. The joy of my job and my life has been meeting wonderful people who enjoy hard work and it's rewards. This beautiful barn and the farm it anchors are no exception. There is nothing more refreshing than an ice cold glass of farm fresh milk. It is made even better when you know it comes from places like this. Thank you Parker Family. You do nice work.

3 comments:

  1. Living in "the Dairy State," I definitely appreciate the sentiments you expressed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post and the photo. Makes me think of the dairy barn at the State Fair every summer.

    ReplyDelete