January 19, 2014

Trust


Trust 
By John R. Greenwood

Life’s layers have become thick and they are having an affect on me. I have written before about feeling as though I have spent my life in search of that one creative destination that will explain what the last fifty-some years have been about. What am I looking for? Lately it consumes me. I feel like there is a treasure awaiting my arrival. I don’t know what the treasure is so I don’t know what I’m looking for, yet I wake every morning with the promise that todays the day and at any moment the answer will appear. As I write this I am watching Will Smith in the movie “The Pursuit Of Happyness." You’re confident, as you watch him traverse obstacle after obstacle, that in the end he will prevail. His resolve to provide for his son is what drives him. In the final minutes of the film he’s offered a job and told to plan on returning the next day. It’s at that moment you experience the pot of gold moment. His nightmare vanishes in an instant and is replaced by fist pumping relief. When I pull my life’s layers apart what I discover is that the joy is in the search. I have come to trust that at any moment fifty years of pursuit will reveal something identifiable. This piece may sound familiar and if it does you understand my gibberish perfectly. Even the fine artist who has defined his skill at a high level continues to experiment with new ideas and options. Maybe you are content sitting in a parked car. My guess is that anyone who finds themselves here at Raining Iguanas does not linger too long in any one place, any one thought. I am more inclined to think you too are looking for answers to cloudy questions. For now I will simmer in the aftermath of excellent movie based on the true story of a man who never stopped trusting in himself. He had no choice. His son’s survival depended on it. My sons are grown, its my survival that’s at stake here. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful post. You're right. I, personally feel this way, also. If you stop searching, how will you ever find your way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the search is part of the adventure.

    ReplyDelete