February 07, 2014

Exit #39

Exit #39
By John R. Greenwood


The main reason for titling this post Exit #39 is because I thought it would create enough interest to draw in any readers who have an Exit #39 in their zip code. If you read yesterday's post, "Time Out" you know that I had hoped to begin a daily ritual of writing during my lunch break. That would have been illegal today because I was on the NYS Thruway. We left Saratoga Springs for Syracuse early this morning to pick up a new milk truck from the TriTank Corp.  TriTank is located just off Exit #39 of the NYS Thruway. We utilized their expertise to swap a tank from one of our old trucks to a brand truck and chassis. The only photo I took today is the one above. I was the lucky one who got to drive it home. There is only one thing better than that new car smell; that new truck smell. Today was a welcome break in the week. I got to see beautiful snow covered views of the Mohawk Valley from the seat of a brand new Western Star, and get paid for it.

The point of this piece is to emphasize the importance of finding joy in your daily journey. You might find it picking up a truck at Exit #39 of the Thruway. You might find it at Cumberland Head, Plattsburgh, Exit #39 of the Northway. You might just find it at the end of your driveway. 

1 comment:

  1. Like it...You can find a story in any day, or situation, or object, etc...I love that about you..Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete