July 04, 2012

"Technofrust"

"Technofrust" 


I am technologically frozen. I sit here attempting to function on my have-to-have-it-because-everyone-else-does iPad. I feel like the little kid who has a hissy fit watching his friends do something he can not do. Oh, if I had just listened to the adults who told me to go to college. Would I be more in tune with technology? Would be able I keep up better? Just when I start to roll backwards my emergency brake takes hold. I have to keep doing this little reevaluation exercise where I look back at what has happened to me in the last few years. There was a point when I actually sat wondering if I really needed to learn how to use a computer. I felt I was so old I may just as well save myself the aggravation and throw in the towel right there and live out my life waiting for the day when I would retire and go to Florida with my Will and Social Security Check. I'm glad I don't listen well. I'm glad I woke up and latched on to the trains grab handle. Look what I would have missed. I also know that I am not alone in the "Technofrust" world. There is an entire industry devoted to it called "Help". But as you may have noticed men don't like to ask for help. We stamp our feet and throw things until somebody pays attention and says, "What's wrong? Can I help?" So here I stomp. Here I stay. It's okay though. I think I will just grab the next train and see where that leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment