August 01, 2012

Sorting It Out



Sorting It Out
By John R. Greenwood
"Time and traffic stop for no man" - John R. Greenwood 
Life seems to have shortened its window. 
I feel an urge to squeeze more life into each day. 
Unfortunately I tend to be exhausted at days end; and several hours prior. 
I’m not certain whether it’s physical or mental or a parlay of the two but it scares me. There are so many things I want to do, and so many things I need to do, and so many things I hate to do. 
How do you sort them?
It’s like trying to sort a closet full of favorite shirts; frayed collars and memories, have-to-save dress shirts, just in case shirts, vacation sweatshirts with paint stains and torn pockets.
Which one to save? 
Which pile? 
Which mental attachment do we discard and risk losing forever? 
Hard choices. 
Just keep them all. 
Put off the sorting one more day. 
Hold off that life-altering decision for another twenty-four. 
There’s always tomorrow.
Isn’t there?

3 comments:

  1. Different approaches for different folks. One small step at a time works for me. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary in manchesterAugust 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM

    same boat. so tired after work and i just want to pursue my crafts and it is so easy to put on the tv and.......where is my discipline? try to do better each day. fail a lot. succeed some. time is getting short...what can i skip doing so that i can create? sigh. this is not a whine just a statement. awareness is the key. tonight i knit!!!

    ReplyDelete