September 10, 2013

Journey

Journey
By John R. Greenwood

A kind man once set me on a journey. The path I was on was not wide enough. The road I walked not long enough. He spoke confidently as if he'd just returned from there. He had. He was going back for more he said. He urged me to begin the journey soon. The view along the way will breathe new life into your soul. I knew he spoke the truth. I had tasted the joy of a journey's edge. To hear his words spoken so surely engrained the vision, nudged me forward. I took a step, then two, then more followed. I have gone far enough from the beginning to feel distant from the past but miles from the finish. The journey always changing scenery, I open my arms and welcome every day. Let's go see what's in store today, Tuesday, September 10th, 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment